Monday, September 19, 2011

Under the Sea!

So, this weekend was awesome because of the following:

(1) it RAINED at long last here in Houston!!!
(2) Becky and I somehow ended up with unlimited access to the Downtown Aquarium for eternity!!!
(3) Becky and I made Super Awesome Sandwiches!!!

Saturday, I woke up and by that time, Daddy had already peaced out to Chicago. Mommy and I ate breakfast, then I decided it was time to get ready to go to the Downtown Aquarium. While upstairs fixing my face, Mommy called up to me saying "IT'S RAINING!!!" I came downstairs and sure enough, it was raining like crazy! Stacy and Calliope weren't too excited about the rain...

Miss Kitty looks out from behind her tarp

Lucius gets a bath

POOR STACY LOO!!!

Can I come inside?
Well, Becky called and said she was on her way so I finished getting ready, then we were off for aquatic adventures Downtown. It was pretty cool. Mommy found a buy one get one free coupon for the Adventure Passes which gives you unlimited access to the exhibits and the rides. However, due to a technicality, we got unlimited access FOREVER! I won't divulge our secret, but I will tell you this: you'll be seeing a lot of us at the Downtown Aquarium...

We loved the fish, the eels, alligators, pythons, sharks, and of course, the white tigers! The shark ride was a little spooky. First, we had to wait in line for 15 minutes until the lightning and thunder subsided (the lightning did, but the thunder didn't... but they kept rolling), then we were off in our train and went into the shark exhibit. Lastly, there was a "joke" about how during the last great hurricane, the shark exhibit flooded, allowing a Great White to escape into the bayou and they have yet to find it... suddenly out of nowhere, the shark jumps out of the water to the left of the train. I had already been on the train several years ago, so I knew about the shark, but I had forgotten about the large (loud) blast of water before it emerges... so that actually scared me to death.

Later, Becky and I rode the carousel, the ferris wheel, and the Lightning Dive which is a miniature version of the Scream at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. It's actually about a 5th of the height of the Scream. So, off we were, 60 ft into the air. Terrifying, indeed... it's a lot higher when you're in the seat, though. I actually became worried when the seats kept rising and I thought we had already gone up high enough...

That evening, we made our famous ham-n-cheese sandwiches... fancy sandwiches. It's actually a recipe from the movie It's Complicated. Becky is the cheese supervisor while I run the sauce and grill show. So delicious! Becky took some home to her Mommy & we kept the rest of the sandwiches and sauce in the freezer for whenever the mood for SUPER AWESOME SANDWICHES arises.

Well, that's all for now. I ought to go back to GRE studying. I'll leave you with some videos and photos from our Saturday adventures. Till next time!








































Oh, did I mention I had videos, too?

Video #1: Ally & Becky on the Carousel...



Video #2: Ally & Becky on the Lighthouse Dive... TURN VOLUME DOWN! I apologize for my screaming/laughing. Just a little nervous, y'all...



Laters!
Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment