If you're a little monster like I am, you LOVE the song Edge of Glory. Fun fact:
"Gaga wrote this song about her grandfather while he was dying. In her 2011 Thanksgiving special, she revealed that it was a specific moment shared between her grandparents that provided the inspiration for the song. Said Gaga: 'They had been married for 60 years, and my grandma used to tell me about my grandpa sleeping in a car on the street just so he could be near her - they were Italian and very strict so there was no way grandpa was going to be sleeping over at grandma's house when she was a kid. When I saw her say goodbye to him, I realized that in that moment, they both acknowledged that they had won at life because they had won at love with each other.'"
That brings me to my favorite photo. EVER. When I heard Lady Gaga explain the song she wrote for her grandparents, it honestly made me weep for a long time. You see, there's a picture I have of my grandparents and it really conveys everything she wanted to in her song. The picture is of them dancing together and they are literally the only things in focus in this picture. It just really gets me every time I see it and now when I hear Edge of Glory, it's what I think about. Let's see if we can find the picture... or at least a picture of the picture.
Isn't it a great photo? I love it so much... that's all I wanted to say today. I'm sick so I think I'll take a nap now. Goodbye :)
Ally

No comments:
Post a Comment