Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year!

I decided to take a break from packing to write about our NYE...

As I previously mentioned, our new year's eve was to be spent at a Rockets game against Atlanta. The tickets were rather vague and I didn't know where our seats were. When we got there, we found that they were really good seats. Mommy's friend from work gave us a set of 4 tickets, so Mommy, Daddy, Beeksies and I went together. The package included the tickets and a parking pass. The tickets allowed us to enter through the skyway which is a special entrance into the stadium that leads directly into the vip seating. The area we were in was rather exclusive and was walled off from the other patrons. There was a restaurant, fancy Papa John's, a carving station and a huge bar with plenty of booze. I was pretty impressed.

Mommy and Daddy left to get dinner and Becky and I got food and drinks from the concession area. Speaking of the concession area, it had a separate bathroom and a separate merchandise area, both with no lines. It was pretty cool. We all ate and waited for the game to begin. During the game, I played an aggressive game of phone-tag with my friend Nick who works for the Rockets and was there that day. Finally, during the 4th quarter, he came by and said hello to us and caught up with my parents. After the game, we went home, watched some Justin Bieber on New Year's Rockin' Eve... and Becky went home.








Ally: Y'all should audition for that.
Mommy: We are retiring soon...



Beeksie Face :D



After Becky left, we Skyped with our family after the NYE crystal ball dropped. We miss them so much! We got to see everyone and see the babies in action. They're the funniest ever :)











At midnight, we all gave each other hugs and kisses and then I proceeded to give my babies some hugs as well. Stacy was all for the affection, but Calliope was rude and washed her smooch off of her face. I was a little offended. But what are you gonna do?

This weekend is my last in Houston, as I'll be leaving for Dallas on Sunday. Becky and I will be spending our Friday evening/Saturday together and getting in some quality together time before I go. I believe I'll be seeing Jesse sometime this week, as well. I will miss all my friends and our adventures, but I'm also glad to be returning. Being cooped up in a house all day is getting super boring. I am totally looking forward to Friday, because Becky and I have been saving up spoons. If you recall, a year ago on the 14th, we went to see The Room at River Oaks Theatre. Well, we're doing it again!!! In case you forgot:

Nuggets of Narvaez Wisdom: SPOOOOOOOOONS!!!!

I loved it so much, I went with Brianna in Dallas. I think both enjoyed it, but are afraid to admit it.

Nuggets of Narvaez Wisdom: "Oh, hi, Mark!"

Well, that's all for now. I'll let you know how this last week goes later on. Next time I post, I'll probably be in Dallas! Until then...

<3 Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment