Preach, John Mayer.
These last few weeks of school have been pretty melancholy. Everyone's stressing out about finals, everyone except the seniors, that is. Lasts are taking place: last TGIT, last Midnight Breakfast, last classes, last Music on the Mall, etc. It's a different mood than I'm used to. I, of course, will not be taking part in the graduation festivities, seeing as I have one last semester to complete, but that doesn't make it any less sad. My friends are all leaving me behind to start their post-grad lives, but as happy I am for them, I am feeling quite lonely. It's a feeling I'm used to, that of feeling so alone despite being surrounded by people.
For a while in middle school, I was a bit of a loner. High school allowed me to meet some incredible people, very few with whom I still keep in touch. Leaving college friends behind, though, will be a very painful experience. College is supposed to be the time where you... pardon me while I dig though my childhood to find the perfect quote... "Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!" (+10 internets to anyone who can identify that quote and who said it). That being said, my four years here have been filled with many chances taken, many mistakes made, and plenty of times where we all got a little messy...
 |
| Pictured: NOT a proud moment... for anyone involved |
...but the best part of these four years was that whenever you took a chance, made a mistake, or got messy, there was a whole group of people you could count on to go through it with you. You were basically guaranteed a family who would either say "that was AWESOME! Let's do that again..." or "not your finest hour or best use of judgement, but we love you anyways". These were the people you REALLY grew up with and because of this, I will miss the Class of 2011 with all of my heart. No matter where everyone ends up, I know that because of our shared experiences and basically being thrown together for four years, we will always find a way to come back to each other.
This is the part where I cry... wait... no. Just kidding. Keep it together, Ally.
Enough with the sadness, let's get our usual photo montage on...
 |
| Orientation... |
 |
| Girls Night Out |
 |
| 80s TGIT |
 |
| Halloween |
 |
| Sadie Hawkins Dance |
 |
| Spring Formal Sophomore Year |
 |
| Plaid PJ Party |
 |
| Birthday Party for Lococo |
 |
| Skyping with Gabbi who was in Rome |
 |
| Hat Party for Mary's Birthday |
 |
| Hat Party |
 |
| ZOMG! PETTING ZOO |
 |
| Paris, TX |
 |
| Manatee Time! |
 |
| TGIT |
 |
| Snow Night |
 |
| Groundhog 2011 |
Some of my favorite memories :)
Well, time to sleep. Got an Environmental Chemistry Final in the afternoon... goodnight, y'all!
Ally
No comments:
Post a Comment