So, I may have mentioned that before leaving to Dallas, Becky and I were going to see The Room.
Well, we did and we had a very fun time. All the crazy people were there with their spoons, their footballs, and their red roses. Needless to say, we enjoyed ourselves.
Before the movie, however, we went out to celebrate Jesse's 26th birthday! Earlier in the day, we had been discussing where to eat dinner and while at Costco, he messaged me that were were to dine at a place called 'Pupusa Buffet'. Mommy literally LOLed at that because she didn't think that a white boy like Jesse would know what pupusas were. He didn't. He just read the reviews on Yelp! and decided to give it a try.
The night began when Becky arrived at the house and we devoured a huge slice of King's Cake. Dinner wasn't until 7:30, almost 8, so we were definitely hungry. We then got ready and left. The restaurant... well, I'll show you a picture:
 |
| Becky: There are bars on the windows... |
There were bars on the windows. This roused suspicion in Beeks that were weren't in the best of neighborhoods. I called Jesse, told him to come take a look, then we went in once his friends Vi and Chris arrived. Safety in numbers. The food was actually pretty delicious. The buffet was a reasonable price and you got to eat as many as you could possibly manage. Becky and I each ate 2. Jesse, Chris, Joseph, Vincent, and James probably ate up to about 8 each. It was quite disgusting to watch. After a respectable number of pupusas, they all complained about their insides wanting to die from (1) the amount of cheese ingested, and (2) the quantity of pupusas eaten. I hate to say it, but they brought it on themselves. Jesse had an impressive food baby by the time he finished eating... but he exaggerated it by extending his belly as far as he could. It looked bizzarre considering his thin frame:
 |
Ally: Aww when are you due?
Joseph: I FELT IT KICK! |
Following the Pupusa Buffet, we ventured out into the night... only to find ourselves back at the Marquis II for drinks and conversation. When the night out with friends was over, we got in the car and drove to River Oaks Theatre for the midnight screening of The Room. We must've waited FOREVER outside since Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy was playing in the main theatre and was taking a while to wrap up. Once we got inside, we armed ourselves with spoons and enjoyed the movie. After the movie, we got our usual post-Room meal at Wendy's and sat in my room on the floor having a picnic, watching Gentleman's Rants on YouTube. Then we went to bed. It was a fun night, indeed :)
 |
| Becky had a rum'n'coke at my suggestion. Delicioso! |
 |
I don't even know what was happening here. Looks like
an intense, intellectual conversation. |
Well, off to take that shower I've been meaning to for the past 30 minutes... talk to you later!
<3 Ally
No comments:
Post a Comment