HAPPY SUPERB OWL SUNDAY!!!
May the Superb Owl bestow his superb blessings upon each and every one of you :)
The Superb Owl began blessing the students of UD on Thursday by giving us fairly awesome Groundhog Weekend weather. Yes, it was cold, and by the end of Saturday night, I couldn't feel my hands, but at least we were all dry.
After the Biostatistics studying, I showered, fixed my hair, and attempted a makeup look appropriate for an outdoor winter festival. As the start of Groundhog approached, Denise arrived at O'Connell with a bag of chocolate covered pretzels and I took out the bottle of wine I had been saving. By the time we reached the bus, we were pretty happy. Our happiness faded when we were faced with an hour wait to get onto the busses. It was cold and loud and people were cutting... it was horrible. We finally arrived at the parking lot and again, we had to wait for the hay rides. I honestly do not know what time we arrived in the woods, but we missed most of Paul Spring's set. That really upset me.
The line for the beer was confusing. There seemed to be people in line, but they were clustered a few feet away from the line socializing, so I just got in front of them, got my beer, and looked for Denise in the food line. I ended up with a double cheeseburger on account of them being seared together by the flames. No problem, though. According to Denise, if one can't remember having eaten the burger, then the calories don't count. I agreed with that logic until I saw a picture of myself with the burger... it was all too real. As I sat there eating my burger, I saw my friend Alison from Houston. We proceeded to have a lovely conversation and from what I can remember, her oldest brother got married and had a baby... well his wife had the baby but regardless, I was really happy to hear that she was doing well and that her family was doing great. Hopefully I'll see more of her this semester as I don't have many friends to socialize with.
Later, I fulfilled the Jesse Dare and then the boys brought out the cigars. I am pleased to announce that I smoked my first cigar last night. I felt really cool and I looked cool. Definitely a once a year... no. More like a once a decade thing. Maybe a once every two decades thing. Yep. You only live once, am I right? Well, after Groundhog, we assembled and waited for the hayride/bus ride back to campus. When I got home, I uploaded my photos, removed my makeup, and quickly logged into Facebook (happy birthday, FB, by the way...) and updated my status: GROUNDHOG = SUCCESS!
Pictures... of course:
CLICK the photo for a larger version... use arrow keys to flip through:
![]() |
| Look at Lance... trying to act like he's not happy to see me. |
![]() |
| Me & my 30Rock buddy, Brandon! "AHH! MY PERIOD! YOU'RE ALL FIRED!!" |
![]() |
| WOOOO GROUNDHOG TGIT!!! |
![]() |
| Nisi & my eye. This ALWAYS happens! |
![]() |
| Waiting in line for the busses. SO COLD! But we were happy to be together, so it didn't matter :) |
![]() |
| Me with Alison and Nisi :) Yep... that's definitely a burger in my lap. Crap on a cracker... |
![]() |
| Lance, we all know you love me. Cut it out. |
![]() |
| Okay, Lance looks like a serial killer in this one. It's disturbing... |
![]() |
| Me with Ricky Wiegel (Wiegel Bagel) and Rachel... Healy? Whatever... |
![]() |
| Me & Cesar! I caught his jacket during his Male Auction striptease to Enrique Iglesias... We'll have that special bond forever. |
![]() |
| Like. A. BAWSE. |
![]() |
| Our group that evening... the best memories are made around a bonfire in the middle of the woods. |
![]() |
| Me, Mira, Dan (Mira's BF), and Nisi <3 |
![]() |
| Mira, Me, & Nisi... brings back memories of Groundhogs past. |
![]() |
| Me & Matt Hull. He was in the grade above me at Strake Jesuit. Here, we are waiting for the hay ride back... |
Well, that's about all I've got... Happy Superb Owl Sunday! May the Superb Owl continue to bless and keep us forever and ever amen.
<3 ally
















No comments:
Post a Comment