FRIDAY
After class, I cleaned my room and got ready to meet Gabbi at Holy Trinity for a fish fry. Gabbi sings with the choir, so they were headlining the fish fry with their melodious worship. It was a fun night. The music was beautiful and the food was quite delicious (with the exception of the cornbread. Who puts jalapeƱos in cornbread?!?) Following the fish fry, we drove to Gabbi's nearby office and dropped her car off. We then jetted off to the House of Blues downtown for a wonderful performance by none other than Graham Colton and Green River Ordinance! It was an amazing evening and their new music is perfection. I can't recommend their new cd, Under Fire, enough. Loved it! After the show, I caught up with my buddies Jamey, Paul, and Josh. Hugs and good times were enjoyed by all.
SATURDAY
I woke up at 7:30 and drove about an hour away to Wylie for Princess Mia's soccer game! We gathered at the Narvaez abode and had breakfast tacos. After the meal, we packed up and left for the field. Mia is quite the player. She made me feel all reminiscent - longing for my glory days as a soccer player. She's an excellent defense, just like me. She runs harder, focuses more, and follows her shots better than any other girl on the team, and I'm not just saying that because she's my Mia. She's a tough little kid, as she proved when she tripped over the ball, and took a girl to the elbow/face. She got up, cried a little, took a sip of water, then asked the coach "So, I go back in now?" It was straight up badassery. I was so proud. Poor Jackson, though. He wanted so badly to go play and run around with the big girls. It was really funny. After the game, Mia smuggled me some fruit snacks and a Capri Sun from the snack area. They were delicious. She's snarky, too. Chris apparently got a sunburn on his head last weekend, and it was flaking. Mia goes "No one wants to see a flaky head, Daddy." It was so funny! She also said something along the lines of "That's what happens when you don't have hair, Daddy." I nearly died laughing. She's hilarious! After the game, we went home, played in her room, colored, and then I went home to meet Brianna and Jamie! More on that in a sec...
![]() |
| GO LADY LEOPARDS! |
![]() |
| I don't know what's going on, but she is excited about something. |
![]() |
| "UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" "AHAHAHAHA! She's grunting like a tennis player!" "She's NEVER done that before..." |
![]() |
| Soccer Gals <3 |
Following my return to campus, I cleaned up and got the room ready for company. I met Brianna at Haggar and Jamie soon followed. We got their temporary parking passes fixed up and then we waited for Claire to join us. At 5, the three of us went to mass and soon after Claire returned from the Opus Dei center, we went to Northgate/Rochelle Hill where the bluebonnets were growing, and we took several pictures. I think they came out nicely. It was a lovely day for photos as the sun was out, and the flowers were looking beautiful. After mass, we went to a bush up the hill where beautiful pink roses were blooming and took some photos there, as well. After the photo session, we drove to Olive Garden for a delicious meal. Walmart was our next stop, and I bought the movie Paranormal Activity 3 for myself (Claire had thought to bring it, but forgot) and we watched it in complete darkness in my room. It was still so scary! Claire then left as it was late, and the three of us got ready for bed.
SUNDAY
We had gone to mass on Saturday, therefore we beat the mass crowd at IHOP. Yep, our old stomping grounds. It was definitely more crowded as we were there at 10am as opposed to 11pm. It was nice to relax and have breakfast together after a fun night. We came home, watched some videos on HULU, then they were off. I will admit, I cried when I got back into my room. I loved the company. I don't get much interaction here as I have no real friends except for Claire, Gabbi, Denise, and Mira... but I don't see them regularly the way Claire, Brianna, Jamie, and I hung out the past 4 years. It was really sad... but I guess I have another visit with them to look forward to. I hope it happens soon :)
![]() |
| Miss Y'all <3 |
Well, I'm supposed to go celebrate Dr. Slaughter's birthday in the Bio conference room. I'll get back at y'all later!
<3 Ally

































No comments:
Post a Comment