It's amazing. You probably wouldn't guess their musical genre by just looking at them, but they're actually a big-band-style group. Think music you'd hear at the USO Dance before sending your high school sweetheart overseas. This album is a must-have for those who plan on busting a move on Christmas. The first time I heard them was when their music was featured as a free download on iTunes. It was a big-band version of the song "Walk Like An Egyptian" by The Bangles. I fell in love. Good times.
Speaking of Barnes and Noble...
One day, as we drove into Dallas, Daddy asked to be dropped off at the bookstore while Mommy and I went shopping for things for my dorm room. It was a pretty amazing moment:
Daddy: Just drop me off at Bárnes y Nóble.
Me: Barnes and Noble?
Daddy: Isn't that what I said?
Me: Nooooo. Far from it.
It was a pretty funny moment.
Bet 'cha didn't know I liked big-band music? There are a few things people would be surprised to see on my iTunes. I've got every genre: Classical, Metal, Emo, Rock, Rap, Pop, etc. I'd like to thank my cousins and my parents for my musical tastes. My cousins are responsible for the hours upon hours of Backtreet Boys and Britney Spears on my iTunes. My parents are responsible for the Beatles, Dean Martin, Janis Joplin, and Louis Armstrong. Do you ever think about your parents as teenagers? I'd like to think Mommy was desperately infected with Beatlemania. I credit them for helping me learn English as a child. Mommy was quite influential in my love of the Beatles. Every time we see any stock footage from the 1960s of concerts, I like to point out Mommy in the audience, despite her obvious absence.
![]() |
| Jeez, Mommy. Cool it, will you? You're making the other fans nervous. |
Daddy is another story. I can't really imagine him as a teenager. I think he just skipped that time. Like Jesus. 12 to 30 in the turn of a page. Was that blasphemous? Are comparisons blasphemous or are only straight up assertions blasphemous? Meh, it's late. Actually, it's 10:05 on a Saturday and I'm in bed. Not at the dance, not at the party across the street, not with friends, just here. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I like it, actually. I need alone time every now and then. Doesn't everyone? I hope so. I was starting to think it was just only-child syndrome. I'm having writer's block tonight. Nothing too important to write about. If I think of other things, I'll get back to y'all. If not, goodnight :)
Ally

No comments:
Post a Comment