IT'S NOVEMBER!
This is usually the time of year when I get really nostalgic and happy... for various reasons, including but not limiting the following:
1) Sweater weather
2) Trees turning orange
3) Leaves falling off the trees
4) Making a giant pile of the leaves
5) Jumping into that pile with a dog in one arm, and a cat in the other
6) Christmas shopping
7) The way the stores are decorated for Christmas
8) Christmas music
9) Decorating your home:
A) The CHRISTMAS TREE! and putting the shiny ornaments on
B) Stockings on the chimney
C) Lights on the house and lawn
D) Wreaths on the windows and doors
10) Making cookies and decorating them
11) Turkey and mashed potatoes
12) Being with family, of course
Those are just a few of the best things about the holidays. Coming up, of course, is Thanksgiving. I like the idea of being grateful for the things that are most important. I like to think of the Thanksgivings of years past. My Aunt Cindy usually hosts a delicious dinner at her home and our family gathers there to celebrate being together. The following day, we try to hit up the Black Friday sales at the nearby TJMaxx and Marshall's. However, this year we are headed to a wedding the Friday after Thanksgiving. If you recall, my godbrother Hondo got engaged to his long-time girlfriend Lina a few months ago. Well, their wedding... IS ALMOST HERE!! I'm so excited and I have a gorgeous dress ready... but enough about that.
You should see Houston right about now. There are beautiful bows adorning the shops in Highland Village and the Galleria was just gorgeous today. I went in for an interview at Tory Burch for a seasonal position, so hopefully I can make it work. I'd love to have some extra cash to blow on Christmas gifts!
Well, in the next few days, I hope to be inspired to write a bit more on my feelings towards this season. Perhaps a detailed account of my trip to San Antonio and The Valley when the time comes. Plenty of photos, for sure!
Take care, y'all!
<3 Ally
No comments:
Post a Comment