If that's true, I'm pretty poor right now.
Hello, dear readers. It's already half into the second week of school, and I'm sick. This is ridiculous. The following Natalie Dee comic sums it up just fine:
 |
Seriously.
(Check out nataliedee.com for more hilarious comics!) |
The worst part is that I could feel it coming on little by little. Yesterday was when it hit me and I was pretty upset about it. It's not even that horrible. Thanks to the ENT, I can breathe just fine. It's my nasopharynx that's all inflamed and congested. That's the worst. It's like I wish I could shove a dental suction tool up my pharynx and suck it out. Seriously. EVERY TIME I have this, I think: can I just use the suction to clear this? It's horrible. Perhaps a sandwich will make me feel a little bit better. Or an apple. Or anything. SOUP! Oh my goodness, how could I forget that we have soup?!
When I'm at home and I feel bad, Mommy usually gets out the big guns: Coke, Saltines, and an egg.
BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED...
Now the crackers and coke make sense, if you have an upset stomach. The eggs, however, tend to confuse people. What it's for is to absorb any malicious spirits inside the sick person, and for sucking the illness out of that person. I thought I was alone in this unique method, but one day during Lyric Theatre last semester, I found I was wrong! I got really sick and my teacher took me to the bookstore to buy some coke and crackers. I made a comment about needing an egg to complete the recipe for success, and the bookstore lady freaked out. She then went on to tell me that her husband is Mexican and whenever their children are sick, her
suegra does the egg to them. I was so excited to find someone else who knew about it, and could vouch for my sanity. Now how's about that soup? Nothing gets you ready to fight an illness, (and do Gen Chem II homework,) quite like soup. Hope the cold weather doesn't find you ill, like me. Take care!
Ally
No comments:
Post a Comment