![]() |
| Imagine this. Times about 100. And not as well behaved. |
The worst part, however, was the chaperone moms. They were distracted with the kids and held the line up, then they would cut in front of people to "get with their groups" who had been "saving their spots". That there's some bullshit if I ever saw it. When the kids were up to check in bags, they weren't experienced and the moms weren't very helpful, so that took forever. Finally, I got my bag checked in and tried to get in front of a large group of them so that the wait for security wouldn't be a drag. I was successful - FALSE. When I got in the line and was snaking my way through the barriers like a bawse, the moms basically did a dash straight through and under the barriers to get to the other moms. I was left there with my mouth agape then finally I started muttering obscenities to the amusement of the other disgruntled travelers. Thankfully, a TSA agent noticed my distress and the distress of the others who had followed the rules of being in a line, and opened up a security check lane and allowed us to come around through the priority screening. Huzzah! As I walked by the long ass line of kids, I caught the eyes of some of the moms who had cut in front of me and were obviously upset at our preferential treatment. I just smiled and in my head wished them a happy ---- you and walked off to Wendy's for a honey chicken biscuit. Delicious.
Upon arriving to Dallas, I got my bag and got into the Super Shuttle to take me to campus before class. Well, there was quite a delay as the man was trying to get other customers and doing circles around the parking lot, so I got back with barely enough time to throw my stuff to the ground, grab my notebook and pen, and run out of there and up the hill to the science building. Argh! So much reality.
<3 Ally

you've got blogs?! awesome!
ReplyDeletehaha yep. mostly for my mexico and san antonio families to catch up on what's going on with the Houston Narvaezes :D
Delete