Thursday, March 1, 2012
SPRING BREAK 2012! IT'S HERE!!!
Spring Break 2012 is officially ON! Today we had a very controversial discussion session in Human Infectious Diseases. It wasn't how I had planned on wrapping up the first half of the semester, but it was pretty interesting. We talked about such subjects like euthanasia, the fate of 10 embryos being fought over by a now divorced couple, etc. We also talked about fun subjects like pheromones and identifying a compatible mate, the color red making women more alluring, decoding the genome before implantation to determine what traits your baby can have... it was one of the best classes I've had EVER.
After class, Dr. Slaughter and I discussed our Volvos and our issues with them and what we liked about them... My Lucius is acting up and his alarm goes off for no apparent reason. Perhaps an obese pigeon keeps sitting on him, setting off the wee-oo wee-oo wee-oo! I lock him from the inside and out, and he'll still start blaring out of no where. The other day, an email on my phone woke me up (DROIIID) at 5:30am, and while I was turning the volume down and trying to get back to bed, I heard the faint sounds of Lucius's alarm going off in the parking lot. I was (1) embarrassed, and (2) annoyed. I got up, grabbed my keys, headed outside, and his alarm stopped. I was really ticked off. Hopefully I can get it sorted out before I leave tomorrow for Houston as Claire will be driving me to the airport and Lucius will be staying behind in the parking lot.
Right now, I'm going to finish writing this, finish packing, take a nap, eat some dinner, watch some more South Park on HuluPlus, dance around in my room, sleep... I'm so happy to be heading home. I can't wait to see my family, my friends, and my babies! I will have time to myself which is not a foreign concept, but that means I can work on comps and read up on this article Dr. Slaughter gave me on rat hippocampal neurones in vitro. I am so excited for Spring Break! I believe I told y'all that Becky and I are going to the Rodeo on Thursday to see ZZ Top... that should be buckets o'fun! I am looking forward to seeing other friends and hanging out, drinking, socializing. Yay!
Well, I suppose I should keep packing. I'm feeling not too motivated as I don't have my dvd of Shaun of the Dead (the official packing movie of Alejandra Narvaez). Oh well... next time I update (aside from the separate post I intend to write after this one) I will be in Houston! YAY!!!!!!
Until next next time...
<3 Ally
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment