Tuesday, November 23, 2010

BREAKING NEWS

"A 55-year-old woman was murdered with a sword this morning in Brooklyn, and WPIX-11 in New York is reporting that the assailant was 31-year-old actor Michael Brea and the victim was his mother, Yanick. Brea had a few small acting credits, including an appearance on Ugly Betty. A spokesperson for the New York Police Department was not yet revealing the names of the people involved, but would confirm that a sword was used in a murder that took place at 2 a.m. at 501 Park Place in Prospect Heights. Records indicate that Brea’s mother lived in Apartment 2 at that address."


That's the worst thing I've heard all day. The craziest thing is, although unmentioned in the above article, he decapitated her with a SAMURAI SWORD! I told Daddy and he was pretty much speechless... that is until his wit kicked in and he had a few clever words to share:

Me: Daddy, did you hear about that actor who decapitated his mom with a samurai sword?
Daddy: Are you serious?! He had to have been high on drugs... gosh. Oh wow. That's almost (sigh) almost... I'm speechless at that one. At that- wow. So I guess he must have been upset at something?
Me: I guess so.
Daddy: My gosh. Hmm. I guess we'll continue to hear the saga. I'm sure he had a reason for doing it.
Me: What? So it's the mom's fault now?
Daddy: Haha. Well, you know, obviously if you're his defense attorney, who else are you going to blame? The poor lady can't defend herself now, so, you know? That's what will happen. They're gonna blame her. She attacked him or did something inappropriate. They can say anything now cause she can't refute it.
Me: That is true.
Daddy: That is wild. That is one sick puppy... and it's close to Thanksgiving, too. You know, they can say he confused her for the turkey. What city was this? Where was this?
Me: In New York City.
Daddy: Well, they're kooks, anyways.

Speaking of Thanksgiving... anything to get away from this morbid story...
THANKSGIVING!
Oh, I am excited for Thanksgiving. We're going the restaurant route this year because my family is coming up from Houston to spend it with me. Even the baby is coming, too. She's excited. Tomorrow she will have a spa day to be ready for traveling. According to Daddy:

"She'll be neatly groomed, in the fanciest part of town. She got a rabies shot yesterday, license tag and the whole works, so, you know, she's ready. [...] She's had a couple of eventful days, 'cause yesterday she took a ride, then we took her to get her shot, then we met some dogs there, some cats, you know how that is."

Apparently the family has been busy getting ready for the holidays. Mommy bought some new greenery for the house for Christmas decorating, or as Daddy put it:

"She's found some kind of, you know, junk to put on the stairs."

He has quite a way with words. So eloquent. Daddy's been getting ready by fixing up the house, rather, hiring people to fix up the house. Stacy got that new commode to sleep next to, the pergola is getting a touch of color tomorrow, Stacy's also having her doggy spa day tomorrow to get all pretty for Thanksgiving.

Speaking of the holidays, when do you think it's appropriate to start playing Christmas music? I, personally, have been listening to Mariah Carey's "Merry Christmas II You" in the privacy of my own bathroom while doing my hair and makeup. However, this afternoon my friend and I heard a girl playing "All I Want For Christmas Is You" in the student center... then at Boston Market they were playing "Santa Clause Is Coming To Town"... I think it's alright to do so with your iPod or in your room while doing work, but I'm of the opinion that Christmas music in public is acceptable AFTER Thanksgiving. That is to say, punching an elderly woman to get the last Roomba at Target's Black Friday Sale to the musical stylings of Bing Crosby is totally acceptable. Bing Crosby any other time is not. Punching an old lady is pretty funny, too, but again, I digress...

Well, that'll do it for this evening. My apologies to Becky for misleading her with regards to this evening's post. I told her I'd cover our favorite topic: SHOWS ON TLC. No fear, though. The moment the two of us get back together, we shall do a MEGAPOST on the following:

Say Yes To The Dress
Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta
What Not To Wear

ya'know, the classics. Anyways... time to retreat into my shell for the evening. Hot diggity dog, it's WAY past my bedtime. Oh well. In case I don't see ya: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Be safe when you travel, make sure the TSA agents have bought you a drink before they get to business, eat so much turkey you end up in a food coma, come out'tha closet, you know, the usual...

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment