Monday, November 29, 2010

Geometries Just Had Its Ass Kicked... and other Christmas things.

Class is over for the day, and I am proud to say that I dominated with my group today in Euc & Non-Euc Geometries. We were the only group to get the quiz done and correct. The teacher then had us parade around showing the class our model. It was a proud moment for me.. moving along...

Again, I am here with the Christmas music on. I am so excited to go home soon... in two weeks, I believe. The girls from my high school who go to school here with me were talking about going shopping back home and I was SO jealous. There's a shopping center back home that gets very festive for the holidays and I cannot wait to see it. I love driving through the street with the lights and giant ribbons and humongous ornaments... here, have a look for yourself:

The cutest part is that they put ribbons around the stores.
The stores are like ginormous presents. Awesome!

This just makes me so homesick, I can't stand it.

Would you just LOOK at that beautiful bow?
Our city just knows how to throw a lovely Christmas...
Isn't that the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? Gosh, I can't wait to be home for the holidays. Speaking of home, I'm compelled to ask about the home lives of the Peanuts gang. I'm currently listening to the song 'Christmastime Is Here' from A Charlie Brown Christmas, and it occurred to me to ask... WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS?! My concern for these children began a long time ago in Corpus Christi, TX while in town for either a funeral or a family reunion. Mommy and I were holed up in a hotel room waiting for whatever festivities to begin, and we were watching "Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don't Come Back!!)". This film revolves around the Peanuts gang traveling to London, England. Their one chaperone is Snoopy... a beagle. I remember asking Mommy, "WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS??" I, for one, am appalled at the irresponsibility of the parents of the Peanuts gang. How on earth did they allow for their children to take off to London with a dog as their only means of security? It doesn't help that the dog is entirely delusional as he constantly imagines fighting the Red Baron. This concern probably stems from Mommy's obsession with ABC's 20/20... many missing teenagers and murder mysteries have made me quite cautious. Snoopy's just lucky Chris Hansen never questioned his motives for taking a group of children to London.

Why don't you have a seat, Snoopy?
Moving along...

There are many things happening before Christmas can get kicked off right. Here's hoping I have enough energy to plow through these next few weeks. Well, time to take a nap. I did not get enough sleep this Thanksgiving. I should've eaten turkey like a normal person, get the tryptophan necessary for a nice long post-thanksgiving nap/food coma. Talk to y'all later!

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment