January, 2010:
The Narvaez Family find themselves driving along 45 to Dallas after a lovely Christmas break. Back to school for me. I was nervous for the start of a new semester. I was sad because the last semester of your junior year seems like the beginning of the end. I was stressed because the whole way up Daddy was lecturing me on what I should do with the rest of my life. Needless to say, that car ride was slightly uncomfortable.
That would soon change.
As we entered the city limits, I decided to get old school up in that Volvo and blast me some Disney music. We had all the classics, "A Whole New World", "Make a Man Out of You", "Beauty and the Beast", "Be Our Guest", "Under the Sea", etc. etc. etc. The musical selection made for a lovely trip down memory lane. We spoke of how my first theatrical experience was seeing 'Beauty and the Beast' with my Mommy at the mall. Apparently I loved it. Who wouldn't? It's a great movie! But I digress...
Trumpets! The glorious trumpets featured in the song "I Wanna Be Like You" blasted through the speakers. Daddy made mention of how he enjoyed the musical stylings he was experiencing, then the following happened:
Daddy: What movie is this song from?
Me: The Jungle Book. We saw it a long time ago and only once. I'm not sure if I even remember what it's about.
Daddy: That's the one where the bear takes a nap.
Me: Yeah, that sounds accurate. What about 101 Dalmatians?
Daddy: That's the one where the dogs are taken by the lady.
Me: Sure. What about The Little Mermaid?
Daddy: She's wet. 'Cause she's in the ocean.
Me: Precisely. What about Cinderella?
Daddy: Child labor.
Me: Good to know. What about Beauty and the Beast?
Daddy: Kidnapping.
Me: Awesome. What about Snow White?
Daddy: One lady, seven little men. Doesn't sit well with me.
Me: I should write this down.
Mommy: NOYOU'REDRIVINGKEEPYOUREYESONTHEROADORELSEWE'LLALLDIIIIE!!!
It's a shame it took me this long to share this lovely conversation with the world, but we can't go back into the past. Scratch my previous post. It was THIS VERY CONVERSATION that encouraged me to share the shenanigans that occur in this family with the world...
It's time to do some studying. If I get a phone call with just lovely pearls of wisdom, you'll be the first to know. Happy Sunday, y'all :D
-Ally
No comments:
Post a Comment