Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am super excited because Mommy, Daddy and Stacy are all coming up to spend it with me! I thought I was going to do a whole list of things I'm thankful for, but there are so many things... well, I am thankful for family. That's about all I have to say about that. Seriously, I could go on and on, but I'm really tired- WHAT!? IT'S ONLY 7:30?? Oh this Daylight Savings crap is really starting to bug me...

In other news, this Friday, Miss Stacy Loo turns 16 years old!!! I already bought her some presents for her Super Sweet 16... I bought her a party with all her friends featuring a musical guest who shall remain a secret until the MTV cameras get there, I bought her a car, I bought her several purses... just kidding. I did get her some delicious treats for joint and hip health and a pretty pink jacket. She'll be the prettiest sheltie out there :)

I was getting rather emotional thinking how Stacy is 16 and she's been with me pretty much since the 2nd grade. We've grown up together and it's hard thinking that she may not have much longer with us. She has been able to survive getting lost a great many times and having one medical scare. The Good Lord has been kind to our family in that respect... He's allowed for Stacy to have a long and enjoyable life with us, and for that I think I am most thankful. Stacy's pretty much been my best friend since I was about 6 or 7 and she's always been there for me. I can't wait to spend her birthday with her and I hope that God allows us plenty more birthdays in the future. I swear, that dog just REFUSES to die. She definitely knows there's so much more food out there that she hasn't tried... I'm betting that's why she's lived this long. One day, Stacy. One day I'll let you try a pizza or something.

According to Mommy and Daddy, her grooming was a success and she is clean and fresh for travel. Daddy said that the good people at Petco put little pink bows in her fur to top it off. It was pretty hilarious listening to him and Mommy trying to take a photo of Stacy. There were several obstacles to overcome:

1) Mommy didn't quite remember how to take a photo on her phone
2) Stacy didn't want to stay still
3) Mommy had her finger over the camera
4) Stacy decided to take a nap

Eventually the photo was taken and I can't wait to see it tomorrow... until then, I guess I'll play some Farmville until it's time to go to sleep, which isn't long from now. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment