As I type, I have my Christmas playlist on. It is now acceptable to play Christmas music. I have all the greats:
All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
Auld Lang Syne - Dave Francis & Mairi Campbell
Carol of the Bells - The Bird and the Bee
Christmas Tree - Lady Gaga
Christmastime is Here - Vince Guaraldi Trio (Charlie Brown Christmas)
O Holy Night - Green River Ordinance
Last Christmas - WHAM!
I could go on and on...
I hope everyone out there had a most wonderful Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a great holiday because you get to spend time with your family and eat gratuitously and not feel horrible about yourself. You'd think you gain plenty of weight with all that eating, however according to The New England Journal of Medicine, the average American gains ONE POUND between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I say that's fair. It must be all the mall walking and shopping that burns all those calories and sheds the weight. I was a little surprised because I always feel like I've gained at most a Backstreet Boy in weight during that time. That is probably the reason people love the holidays... the food. I must agree.
I am a little disappointed that I will not be traveling to Mexico this year. That's where the most damage is done. SO MUCH FOOD EVERYWHERE!!! We wake up to food, stay at the table and wait for more food to arrive, perhaps go out and get more food, come back to more food, eat food in the evening, and then perhaps sneak some leftovers at around 1am while watching a movie in the kitchen. It's probably the most unhealthy tradition known to man, but by GOD is it delicious! Aside from the plentiful food, there is a disgusting amount of Coke and cerveza consumed during that week... aside from other alcoholic beverages.
| I mean, just look at the size of that bottle. I disgust myself sometimes. |
We usually travel to Mexico to visit Mommy's family in the MOTHERLAND, but this year it's just too dangerous. It's always a great feeling, though. I love the packing and the anticipation of getting on that plane. I love the plane because I get my own seat... you're probably thinking I'm an idiot, "Of course you get your own seat, silly!" No. I mean that the plane is situated like this:
[seat](isle)[seat][seat]
therefore, I get the lone seat in that 'row'. It's fantastic except for that damn snack tray destroying my elbow and waking me from my high-altitude slumber. The landing is exhilarating. We land at the airport surrounded by mountains, usually quite early in the morning, and the sight is lovely
| ...not to mention a little blurry. |
We are greeted by my cousin who works at the airport and from there we move on to luggage claim and meet up with the rest of the family. That's the best part of all, seeing the faces you've waited 12 months to see. Nothing beats that feeling! Then, it's off to the house where we are greeted by more family:
| 'Sup, fools? |
The moment we walk into that house, the festivities get underway. There's usually something being made in the kitchen by one of the best cooks ever, perhaps people are heading out the the mall and take me along, maybe music being played while people clean, but I can always count on something fun happening. Enough about that for now. How about a tour of our great city?
| Our lovely Nativity scene all lit up... beautiful! |
| Mommy wait patiently in the car while my Tia goes out and fetches some foodstuffs. |
| The mall we frequent is always quite busy this time of year. That year, the mall was Sesame Street themed. Totally boss. |
| The Cerro de la Silla as viewed from where Erika wants to open her night club on a mountain. |
| The longest love affair I've ever had is with Carl's Jr. Best. Burgers. EVER. |
| Pery drives the old Suburban to... |
| ...LETY to get some cookies and perhaps a cake for my birthday? |
| This is Mommy's favorite house in all the land. It's pretty amazing. |
| Jason and Vaca are ready for Christmas for sure. |
| Fun with the children :) |
| Chios in her signature color. Looking good, prima! |
| The Lovebirds, pt I. |
| Chepis and my Tia. Some good food is in the process of being made here. |
| Chios and my Tia |
| A younger me and my cousin Pery |
| The Lovebirds, again. |
| More dancing |
| Relaxing at about 2:00am |
| My cousins who are responsible for my musical tastes... Thank you. |
| The debauchery has taken its toll. |
| The Lovebirds, pt II. |
Those are some lovely memories. Well, 13 minutes 'till class starts. I'll talk with you all later! We will continue this post either this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm looking forward to sharing more Christmastime memories with y'all!
Ally
No comments:
Post a Comment