Good day so far. Getting some Biology studying done for tomorrow's test. Last night was fine. Just went to church. Going to church here makes me miss the church at home sometimes. We go to a nice church in the park and there are plenty of people there that make church interesting. For some reason we always sit where all the babies are. That's where the most drama happens in church. I don't understand, though, how people can stand to bring their babies to church. I would never. It seems ridiculous because they make tons of noise and they make it hard for both you and those around you to hear what is going on. Last night was a good night for church because it was quiet and dark and the mood lighting made the room feel warm. It was an overall great night for mass. There is one family that I always think of when I think of church at home. According to Mommy, they're Argentinian. Now Mommy has never spoken a word to these people and has never entered into an intense discussion about Latin American origins with these people. She just knows. It's her... whoa. As I typed this, an SUPER LOUD screaming match just happened right outside my window. No insight as to what it was about. Just girls shrieking at one another. ANYWAYS...
As I was saying... Mommy seems to be able to tell a latino's origin just by scrutinizing how they look and speak. These people are from Argentina, apparently. The lady is pretty and her children are adorable. The man is pretty spiffy. That is to say, he dresses like a nerd at the country club. We had a discussion about this on the way to San Antonio one morning... I believe Becky was with us. If I recall, it went a little something like this:
Me: Did you see the children at mass today? So cute.
Daddy: That guy dresses... (sigh)... I don't know. A little 'funny'.
Beeks: Funny? Is that like gay?
Mommy: (GASP) Don't talk like that, Daddy!
Daddy: But he does. It's just... he was wearing leather Italian loafers.
Me: I wear loafers...
Daddy: But he wore them differently.
Me: Jesus Christ...
Beeks: (giggling in her chair)
Mommy: (embarrassed by the topic of conversation)
Daddy: (whole-heartedly concerned about the Italian loafers)
Me: (making mental notes)
Whole credit for remembering this story goes to Becky. I forgot to add her to the family. She is pretty much an honorary Narvaez, but that's a post for another time. Like later on this afternoon, after I've gotten some more studying done.
Ally
No comments:
Post a Comment